Sunday, October 08, 2006

The After Party

Okay as good as I call myself planning, why on the day of the party I was running around with one of the birthday girls (my sister) shopping and buying sh*t like we aint had nothing else to do? LOL. Boy I tell ya about other folks. It was almost 2pm when I realized that "ohh the Cake Lady is delivering the cakes at 2 p.m." And my father calling talking about "we on the way so can yall just pick up the punch bowl instead?" And I'm thinking, uhhh NOT! It was a hot mess. And I was so proud cuz we had early 7:30 a.m. hair appointments and was suppose to be back at my house by like 10 a.m. By the time we got back to the house, which was about 2:15 p.m. I was pratically jumping out of the car while my sister was still parking, cuz I knew I had to get dressed, my daughters had to be dressed, AND I still needed to set up everything.

Well I did take pictures but since I was running around crazy with some hurting azz feet cuz I had on some cheap but cute Payless Shoes, I only remembered to take pictures AFTER folks had ran through the food. ha! And yes I'ma post pics of food platters that are almost empty. *don't tell nobody* LOL.

I have to wait for my hubby to upload the pics from his camera. I do have pics of the cakes cuz the Cake Lady sent me the pics yesterday (I didn't know until just now) for my personal use. So here are the cakes. Lord knows when I'll be able to do the rest of the pics. And I was really looking forward to having lovely pics of the food all pretty and sh*t and how I decorated the wine and champagne glasses with charms and what not. LOL. (I do have a pic of my azz looking like a tired crackhead). Not to mention the decorations that me and my Hunny put up the night before. *shakin head*. And let me not forget to mention that lovely Martha Stewart salad (that cost dayum near $30 just for the ingredients) did NOT make it to the party. Why? Cuz my azz was too tired during the party to cut, chop, anything. However I did make it today and it was pretty good. I had my poor mother running around like dayum slave. And me right along with her. LOL. We all had a great time though and my sister just could not stop smiling and the baby, well let's just say her grandparents acted like the floor was made of hot boiling lava so her feet hardly ever touched down to earth.

My sisters cake (minus her name cuz that's on MY pics)


The Baby's cake


The cake pics I took


The Birthday Lady and Baby (plus my niece's head)


Left over meat (that my Hunny says looks like homeless food)


The fishies, well what's left at this point


And the view (minus the food on the stove, and yes that's my plate and drank)


My critical Hunny sitting on his booty


And that's all she wrote. If my azz wasn't running crazy I would have remembered to get the spread before it was spread out. Of course my Hunny talked about me cuz he said the pics look like homeless food. Some people, I'll tell you. I forgot to take pics of the chicken and eggplant (which was pretty much GONE) LOL. Yeah remember to call me to help with your next event so we can all end up looking like this . . .

The weary Hostess who lost her mostess (lol)


Okay, it's time for nite, nite. Same place, same time, next month. *smoochies*

- Lady Richardson


3 Comments:

  • At 12:02 PM, October 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your dh is too funny with the homeless food comments. But if homeless food looks like that- i need to be homeless! The spread (or what's left of it) looks fab and the cakes turned out so dainty and cute. I love the girls party dresses, they look gorgeous just like their Momma. Congrats on a successful party

     
  • At 12:51 PM, October 16, 2006, Blogger The Brown Blogger said…

    Looks like a good time was had bay all... You did well and deserve a day away for accomodating the fam and making arrangements.

    Psst... Help me throw my next function, will ya?

     
  • At 10:25 PM, October 25, 2006, Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said…

    you threw a helluva party girl...but you should have cracked a smile for the picture girlfriend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home